First of all, thanks scribblecity for nominating me.
I’ve never been nominated to do anything like this before so i’m quite excited to be taking part!
If you’re nominated the rules are:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask those bloggers 11 questions
- Let the bloggers know that you have nominated them
Here we go…
11 Facts About Myself
I have recently done a post called 40 Facts About Me so I am going to duplicate a couple (sorry)
- I’m 6ft3 – Which is very tall for a female! I don’t really like it because I stick out like a sore thumb and it’s such a pain in the ar*e to find womens trousers that are long enough! I end up spending a fortune which i don’t think is fair, I didn’t ask to be this tall! Lol.
- I suffer from black outs and memory loss – Dr’s can’t seem to find a reason for it which is becoming extremely frustrating. I’ve lost the past 2 years of my life which I am slowly getting used to but every time I pass out I tend to lose the past couple of days although they do slowly come back over the following days. But I would really just love an explination for it.
- I am absolutely terrified of moths and butterflies! – I’ve found other people that are also scared of moths but they still think butterflies are pretty. HOW!? They are basically just moths with make-up on! Don’t be fooled by them! When I say I’m petrified that’s literally no exaggeration – I sweat and almost have a break down if I even see a picture of a moth or butterfly so I’m sure you can imagine what I’m like if I actually cross paths with one!
- I came out about being bi-sexual when I was about 18/19 – I remember I wrote a letter for my mum explainging it, I dropped it on her lap and ran back to my room quickly because I was sh*t scared of what the outcome would be! My mum is the most open minded and understanding person ever but I was still soo worried about telling her about my sexuality. She came along to my room, we had a chat and she comforted me then we made a few jokes about it lol!
- I am dyslexic – It’s no biggie these days, so many people are told they have dyslexia and there’s so many ways around it now that technology has moved forward. But, I wasn’t diagnosed with it at school, it wasnt picked up on until I was 16 and started college. I went through primary and secondary school just assuming I was thick and teachers assumed I just wasnt listening because I wasnt picking things up like my classmates. I remember feeling so relieved once it got picked up at college. I finally had answers and I wasnt just thick! It was such a good feeling, I was actually happy to be told I was dyslexic because that meant there was a reason for me struggling so much!
- I’m obsessed with crisps – Well, any carb really, but I LOVE crisps! Any flavour, any make, ANY crisps! You can keep all the chocolate and cakes as long as I get the crisps. And please don’t expect me to share my crisps because that would be like asking me for a limb! I can eat a share bag in like under 10mins and I’m not even ashamed haha!
- The sound of a hairdyer or hoover can help me sleep – Ok so this may sound weird to so many of you but even Wayne Rooney has his hoover on sometimes to help him sleep! I don’t go that far, what a waste of electricity, but I suppose he can afford it! I just have an app on my phone that plays out the sounds of hoovers, hairdyrers, washing machines, lawn mowers and so on. Aparently these sounds are all similar to the sound we hear in our mothers wombe which can be very relaxing for babies… I have no explination as to why it still comforts me…. Awks.
- I used to play Softball for Great Britain – When I was playing softball in my teens I really didn’t understand how playing for GB was such a huge accomplishment. I was so humble about it when I’d tell people and they would be like “OMG that’s soo cool!”. But now im older and can appreciate it i’m like damn, yeah, that’s a big thing! Me and my 2 best friends were like the 3 amigos. We were like joint at the hip and that didn’t change at softball either. We travelled to some great places with our GB team and we were so gutted when it got taken out of the olympics!
- I prefer dogs to people – Come on… Who wouldn’t!? They don’t argue back, they are so loyal, cute, they know when something is wrong, always up for a cuddle, protect you no matter what, always happy to see you, yes you have to pick up their poop but I’ve also had a lot of human friends sh*t on me too… Just not in the same sense!
- I didn’t even understand what a blog was until a few months ago – With my black outs and memory loss I can really struggle. Yes I have so much support around me from my fammily and close friends but I still feel so lonely as I am yet to find someone going through the same thing. So I want to raise awareness for my condition. The idea of a blog was suggested… I’d come across the word before but didn’t have a clue what it really was and after doing some research I thought WHY NOT! I still learn every day from other bloggers and I’m far from being a pro but I love it and I’ve taught so many people about my condition and found people that have similar problems all thanks to starting a blog!
- I’m an extremely strong believer in ‘Everything Happens For A Reason’. I believe that our lifes have already been written out, everything happens for a reason and we are always on the path that we should be on in life even when we are struggling… There’s a reason for it!
11 Questions I Have Been Nominated To Answer
1. What is 1 thing that has changed your life, and how/why?
My job – It’s changed my life for the better, it’s made me mature, given me a better outlook on life, given me another chance and been very supportive through what’s been happening with my health lately and made my bank healthier!
2. What 5 words best describe you?
Tall, caring, humble, anxious, forgetful..
3. What’s the scariest thing you have ever done?
Performed with BabyD in front of 50,000 people in Liverpool.
4. If you could give the younger you 1 piece of advice, what would it be?
Not everyone is going to like you or agree with you so just do you and the right people will love you.
5. What is your dream job and why?
Probably to be a DJ mainly a radio DJ on a channel like 1xtra. I love playing music that puts others in a good mood and gets them moving.
6. How do you pick yourself up on a down day?
Sometimes reading some inspirational quotes on Instagram helps. But usually chatting to my other half or mum gets my ar*e into gear!
7. What experience is at the top of your bucket list?
My life bucket list probably has ‘Own my own house’ at the top of it.
8. Who inspires you and why?
My mum. She’s such a strong, independent woman that has fought through so much in her life and come out the other end even stronger! If I can be even half the woman my mother is then I’d be happy with that.
9. What do you love the most about your friends?
They are full of banter and rarely struggle to make me smile but can also be serious when needed.
10. What made you start your blog?
I want to raise awareness for my un-named condition and maybe find others in similar situations and help and share coping mechanisms with them.
11. Which TV/film/book character do you most relate to and why?
DORY! I think it’s pretty self explanitory! Shes forgetful like me and has memory loss like me!
Thank you @scribbleincity for nominating me. I’ve had great fun writing this up! I did try not going on too much lol!
I am nominating:
Questions I Would Like You To Answer:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Who inspires you, not just in the blogging world but in life?
- What social media app do you find you use the most for your blogging?
- One thing you are most scared of in life?
- Do you prefer a night in with friends or a night out on the town?
- What topics do you blog about most and why?
- Do you find the blogging community supportive?
- If you were an animal, what would it be and why?
- What is your favourite genre of music?
- What’s the bravest thing you’ve done in the past week or so?
- Do you prefer savoury or sweet treats?